in America: Tuesday 04/20/21

 Tuesday 04/20/21

There is something happening in America

A police officer is convicted for murdering George Floyd

Sets an example for many others awaiting trial

The president discusses trauma, a soulless nation, a racism that is finally being acknowledged

Shares the words of George Floyd’s daughter,

“Daddy changed the world”

Shares the last words of George Floyd

“I can’t breathe-

I can’t breathe”

Reminds us not to forget these words.

This trauma, we carry forward as history as we contemplate the future of violence.

The news has always been bad,

 & maybe I’ve just been watching the news more often recently,

 but I can’t shake the feeling the news has been especially bad.

Today’s conviction reigns the spirit of hope. 

“The video that shook the world”

 a newscaster states about the viral video of George Floyd saying 

“I can’t breathe-

I can’t breathe” 


Comments

Popular Posts