Earth Day; A Continuous Present 04.22.2021

 Earth Day; A Continuous Present 04.22.2021

Blue skies fade into gloom skies

Fade into blue skies

Fade into gloom skies 

Awaken to blue skies 

Wintering is the illusion of spring, becoming winter again.

I am becoming winter, 

just as I welcomingly become spring at the same time the dandelions emerge. 

I, too, am the child stopping to pick the first gift of spring's annual sunshine.

I, too, am the child watching a piece of snow melt.

I listen to the birds sing, and somehow, it never becomes cliche;

rather, a song universal in cadence.

I am learning the Tulips from the Daffodils.

I still only recognize the song of the chickadee and the year-long trumpet of the goose.

Each year I become an eternal spring for a moment.

This year, I am learning to become eternal winter, too.

I dance with windows cracked to an audience of snowflakes.

I take a step outside to feel the rain beating the drum of my bare back.

I let cold waterfall down my spine at the end of a steamy shower.

I am learning to embrace the cold uncertainty of times of waiting, to breathe in the cold.

Blue skies fade into gloom skies 

Fade into blue skies

Fade into gloom skies

Awaken to blue skies at 6:30pm, 

the sun peeks through an eye shaped whole in the clouds;

I feel the breeze on my bare back.

cool, calm breath of the oceans and lakes reflected in an ever changing sky.

I am an ever changing sky.

I am blue fade

Into gloom fade

Into blue fade

Into fade into

Fade into

Fade into…

Becoming more myself each day.


Comments

Popular Posts